Named the “Next Great American Food City” by Southwest Magazine, Sacramento is quickly becoming an industry leader in the fine dining scene. In the midst of our foodie fame, Dine Downtown 2018 returns to highlight the best fare on the grid. We can’t think of a better time for you to come out and experience the Farm-to-Fork Capital’s best fare than our 10-day restaurant week when local chefs create special 3-course dinner menus priced at $35.
That $35 also includes a one-dollar donation from every Dine Downtown meal to social services and food literacy programs.
We know you love Biba Restaurant, and you know we are the best Italian in our fine city. We count on you help us win year after year.
Fill out this ballot for a chance to win tickets to the Best of Sacramento Party taking place Saturday Nov. 18, 2017, at the Sacramento Convention Center.
Deadline to enter is June 15, 2017.
Results will be published in the October 2017 issue of Sacramento Magazine.
Excerpted from Sactown Magazine
The sheets of pasta in celebrity chEf-owner Biba Caggiano's lasagna are so thin you could read a copy of Il Mondo through them, yet for all that fragility, the pasta remains pleasantly firm and supple as you bite through the 10(!) layers of it in this vaunted dish. While the pork and veal Bolognese sauce made with imported San Mariano tomatoes grown in the shadow of Mt. Vesuvius is meaty and tasty and the béchamel sauce rich, the epicurean experience here is all about those silky layers of pasta. The coveted entrée has been on the menu at the chef's eponymous midtown restaurant for 30 years, but you can only order it on Thursdays and Fridays, largely because making it is such a daunting process (pro tip: it often sells out on Friday nights, so make an early dinner reservation) - a staff of kitchen helpers labors for the better part of a week in the lasagna-industrial complex known as Biba's Kitchen, arriving at 4 a.m. to produce a precious five to seven pans. In fact, we're told that the pasta whisperers are none too pleased when the lasagna- which no less a gourmand than Darrell Corti himself has deemed the single best dish in Sacramento - gets a press mention like this one, as it means they have to up the output to meet the surge 2801 Capitol Ave. in demand. To this, we can only say, scuzi - and grazie.
More Articles ...
- Doctor's Corner for July 2017 - My Latest Favorite Cocktails and Wines
- Doctor's Corner for February 2017 - Boeger Winery in El Dorado County
- Doctor's Corner for December 2016 - Boeger Winery in El Dorado County
- Doctor's Corner for October 2016 - Santa Barbara Vintners Celebration of Harvest
- Wine of the Month for November 2018 - Nielson Pinot Noir 2015 Sta. Rita Hills
- Wine of the Month for October 2018 - Boeger Winery Zinfandel 2016 Walker Vineyard El Dorado
- Wine of the month for September 2018 - Meiomi Pinot Noir 2016
- Wine of the month for August 2018 - Meiomi Pinot Noir 2016
- Wine of the month for July 2018 - Bella Grace Vineyards Vermentino 2017 Amador County
- Wine of the month for June 2018 - Bella Grace Vineyards Vermentino 2017 Amador County